So this year I thought I'd take some of the ideas from the School of Life and come up with own, more achievable but no less challenging set of resolutions that should have some really good impacts in my life. Here they are:
- Create something every day, and ideally share it. Doesn't have to be anything grand, but embrace JFDI and create something fun every day whether it be a blog article (like this one) or a whole book.
- Exercise every day. I don't mean run miles or whatever, just do some exercise! I used to have a pretty good set of muscles, so I'm looking to bring some of those back.
- Meditate every day. An easy one this as I already do it, but worth putting it on the list!
- Be smart at all times. No, not in the intellectual sense, in the clothes sense! I've noticed, particularly with the joys of working at home, that my dress sense has been pretty much locked in my mid-twenties for years now. Time for that to change. Whether I'm wandering the streets of London or riding the Harley along the South Downs, a more dapper Russ is going to be in effect.
- Save some money. Not a lot, just some.
- Be your whole self at all times. Taking a hint from my friend, Gitte Klitgaard, on bringing everything you are to whatever it is you're doing. Rather than adopting a 'front' for a given situation, I'm aiming to be totally me in everything I do going forward. Not that on the outside this will look much different I imagine, but it's a big deal for me inside.
That's it. In 12 months let's see how well I've done!